Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hello!

Well hi again,
few things happened here recently, shot was fired in the square next to us after a crazy man smashed a car up then got attacked by all the pedestrians who saw him do it, luckily the shot was fired by the police who were trying to break it up! so no one, except the crazy guy, got hurt.... i don't think hes dead but it turns out street justice out here is pretty brutal, they caught 4 guys breaking into a house the other week, 2 got away but the other 2 got killed. then the police took the bodies away. nice.
so, went out to Kedesh yesterday, was pretty good, played football and kicked the ground really hard, feels like i've broken my big toe... ouch.... met an american couple out there too, seemed pretty cool!
dondo today, messing about with the kids, killed a big ol' pig too! was a bit reluctant to go though.... which made everything quite messy.... blood all up our legs and stuff! nearly got free at one point halfway which would have been really unfortunate, he had his front legs out and had got his mouth free, was frantically trying to bite everyone! but in the end we got him!
sadly i didn't get to stay and help gut him, which is what i was really looking forward too, i had to go due to a dinner invitation, with 3 english girls who turned out to be really nice! had a great time with them, good old chat and they're all my age too!
hopefully they'll visit at some point... its nice to speak english properly again!
theres lots more and lots more detail but i won't go into it now! pictures too! they'll come on the newsletter!
xxxx

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hi Dave,
I just accidentally saw this photo
http://picasaweb.google.com/MacLellanDave/CasaReomBestImages/photo#5120572979125538498
and my heart is still beating fast.. I went to that orfanado too, I know that kid, oh!! and others too!!I hadn't known anything about them since 2006.. I can't find the words, forgive me, usually I'm soo serious and calm! I've no time to read your blog now, but I've marked it and I'll read it as soon as possible. But I wanted to contact you immediately, I'd like to know why you were there and what you think about your trip.. may we write a little about this?
Bye! Thank you for this photos!
Cecilia (Italy)

Cozzie (not in Mozzie) said...

Dan, come on mate - where are the updates? We need to know what's going on and what you're up to out there!